Thursday, October 1, 2009

Awkward Week

If you didn't know Sept 27th-October 3rd is officially "Awkward Week", me and H-Wood declared it this! Here is why...I go to SCC where no one knows me and so I have to try and act really normal around people there and sometimes its really hard to act normal, sometimes I just get really awkward when I don't know what to say or do! So its Tuesday and in my accounting class there is this really cute boy who sits next to me....we will call him.....Matt*, I barely talk to him and every time I do it comes out super awkward, I think he is afraid of me. So he walks out of the room to answer his phone then he comes back in and can't find his pen, he is looking all over his desk, under his folder, in his pockets, he can't find it. So I decide to be nice and go into my bag and grab an extra pen for him to use, well I get it out and practically throw it at the poor guy! He thanks me and gives a little laugh...probably a pity laugh or why did this girl just chuck her pen at me laugh. Anyways later on in the class he asks me to explain something to him that he missed while he was answering his phone call, I totally understood what was going on...could I explain it to Matt*?? Nope...I barely string a few words together to form a sentence and it makes any sense at all! So I say oh I don't know and he says sorry and explains to me that he stepped out to take a call so he missed what was going on...I am not stupid kid, just awkward! I say yeah I know its okay. So as class is ending he gives me back my pen and I tell him to keep it but he is done for the day so the pen returns to me, then I compliment his shoes in a normal way..."I like your shoes" Matt thanks me and laughs awkwardly....was it a pity laugh again?? I don't know. I text H-Wood all about this and the next day she tells me she awkwardly complimented someone as well and almost walked through wet grass but alas my post about that saved her! We then declared this week awkward week! Btw....Matt didn't come to class today....I think he is afraid of me! Cute boys make me nervous! I don't know how to cure it!
So it's awkward week tell us your awkward stories!! We can't be the only awkward ones out there!

-B-DOGG

*name changed to protect my embarrassment in case by some weird misfortune he finds out I blogged about him.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Here's the real deal. Why do we need a week for this? This is my life.

Bethany said...

bahahahahahahahahahahaha! That is so true!!! For so many crew members!

Whitney said...

I almost peed my pants. Do you not remember when we were celebrating end of communication class speech and Zach was over and it was like the week after we went on our first date and he told me his birthday and retard Whitney goes " like the day after cinco de mayo". yes Whitney. May 6 is the day after cinco de mayo. Awkward so awkward. Needless to say he kissed me that night and now we are married with a kid. So who knows Maybe " Matt" is secretly buying you an engagement ring and thats why he wasnt at class.