Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Texting

So I believe the entire crew is in agreement on this subject....if not correct me if I am wrong. Smiley faces in texts are creepy....ESPECIALLY when guys do it! I recently gave advice to one of my guy friends to stop using smiley faces because they are creepy! Since then he has not text me with a smiley face and I have stopped cringing every time I open a text from him! Its a win win situation, he is no longer creepy and I no longer cringe! There is this one boy who I thought was cute but then I got his number, text him, he text me back with LOL and a smiley face! This is the worst kind of texting! Lol is awful...I hate it! I'm not sure if it is worse than smiley faces or not but its up there. I no longer find him worthy of dating for this along other reasons but this is a big factor! So please when you text me or any other crew member and you think we are funny(which let's face it we always are) use haha or we might cringe and not text you back very often (or ever.) I don't understand smiley faces especially this one... :/ who can make that face in real life?! No one except maybe Katie Holmes! Do you really want to send a Katie Holmes face...No the answer is No, no you don't!


This advice for texting can also apply to facebook wall to walls, chats and messages and also e-mails! Thanks for not being a creeper! The crew appreciates it!

Note: creepy faces :) :(

Especially creepy faces: ;) :/ :$ (don't get this one...is it supposed to be a grill?) and any other face that people know how to do but I don't because I am not creepy!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Hahahah i appreciate this post!!! I don't really find smiley faces creepy as long as they are the traditional smiley face, but when people start sending the crazy "Katie Holmes" type faces I don't like it!! Also I absolutely hate LOL it is the worst!!! I mainly stick to that hahaha or BAhahahah (which means I am busting up laughing) I don't like hehehe I feel like it is more of a snicker then an actual laugh!! But good post I now know to be careful and not let a smiley face text get sent to you, because I do send the traditional smiley from time to time!!!

Emma said...

You hate Katie Holmes! haha And any kind of smiley faces creep me out! LOLs are reflections of dim-minded people and even worse than lols are lawls. What does that even mean?

Bethany said...

Cassie....yes I concur about the bahahaha! And yeah when people start getting crazy with the faces I am like you have too much time on your hands to think of those! Emma....I really do hate Katie Holmes I have hated her since her Dawson's Creek days and my hate continues to grow every year for her! What the is lawls?? Who uses that? No really what does that even mean?

Whitney said...

I will now start texting you only smiley faces throughout the day. Your welcome. Ha ha.

Sondra said...

Dr E does a better Katie Holmes smiley than Katie. Look at her photo on the left of front page.