Thursday, January 28, 2010

Greetings from Seattle!!

Hi guys!!!!
I am finally posting about my life here YAY!!! So I am in my 3rd week of culinary school and I really like it!! I mean this semester is the BORING one because I have 3 lecture classes and only one kitchen class. However I like my kitchen class a lot and one of my lectures isn't bad at all its pretty interesting and the teacher is funny so that helps. But then there is my AWFUL general education class, I would describe it as everything I hate about school all in one class, then to top it off the class is 4 hours long and the teacher is kinda crazy, I pretty much never know what is going on but somehow I am surviving it!! Then my other lecture class isn't awful but it's nothing great. Next semester should be better!!!

Anyway let me tell you about the class I like!! It's call Fundamentals of Classical Techniques. It is twice a week Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 5:45 to 10:45 (kinda long but the time goes fast). So the first week we made stock which is kinda like a broth but not used for the same things. Then last week we made sauces which was pretty cool, I made homemade mayo and it was gross (but that is because I HATE mayo)! and this week we are making Soups, yesterday we made a black been, minestrone, potato leek and french onion!! YUMMY

My apartment is slowly but surely coming together, I feel like I have been going non-stop since I got here! But I still don't have internet (I am at my sisters right now) and I need to find another job for the weekends!! I really am having a great time, even if you thought otherwise from reading my facebook status today haha!!

Miss you guys, come visit whenever you want!!
Oh and I will post pictures soon, when I get my apartment all put together!!
And I am planning on starting another blog about my culinary school experience so when I do I will give you the info!!!

~Cassie

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Cassie! Cook for me when I come visit! haha! Um...why don't you just use your blog you used in Italy and edit it instead of making a new blog?! Anyways I miss you alot! But our phot chat the other night was fun! Let's do it every once in awhile! haha do you realize we talked for an hour and half?! haha

Emma said...

Cassie!!!! You finally blogged. I miss you! I can't wait until you're a super good chef and make me really good food. haha Gen ed classes always suck. I didn't realize you had to take them when going to a specialty school. Def let us know about your new blog. Also, are you even gonna come to AZ for Christmas or just go to Michigan?

E-son out!

The Blog Stalkers said...

Bethany I know we talked for a long time it was fun!! And I was productive the whole time because of my handy headphones, while we were talking I planted a plant, did my dishes swept, did my homework (with your help) and cut up a box!!! Also, can I edit the web address of my blog??

E-son!! I miss you too!! How is U of A?? and yes gen ed classes are mandatory at my school but you just don't have to take as many as other schools, but luckily all my other ones transfered so this is the only one I have to take HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA!! and I don't think we are going to Michigan again for christmas so I will be home unless my parents come to seattle??

The Blog Stalkers said...

Oh weird I didn't realize I was still logged in under the crews blog so my comment is from us instead of me hahah!!

AshleeB said...

Im glad your having a really good time! When I get a week off this summer Im defitnitely coming up, and then we can go see eclipse! Hurry and post some pictures so we can see what your apartment looks like!

Holly said...

C Pain!! Can I please be in culinary school with you? I love food! And bethany told me about the hott guy you saw and how you told her to pray for you that you'll see him again. I'll pray for you too! I miss you! And I want to visit you but I have to have money first!